We have been busy with preparations for reopening and now having completed our risk assessments, defined our new cleaning protocols and processes around Covid19, we have been issued with the ‘Good to Go’ Scotland Industry Standard mark.
In order to re-open our self catering cottages in the coming weeks we have been working in accordance with guidelines issued by the Association of Scotland’s Self Caterers (ASSC) and the Scottish Government. In line with this guidance we are issuing amended Terms and Conditions for our guests who have arrival dates between July and November 2020.
Our terms have been amended with regard to payments, which are now requested only 2 weeks before the date of arrival. There are also new terms regarding travel to the island and others in event of our guests becoming ill during their stay. Travel is not permitted on public transport, ie the ferry, if a passenger has tested positive for Covid19 or suspects that they may be infected as a result of being in contact with someone who has. The guidance we are receiving is regularly being updated and we will publish amendments as we receive them.
Amended Terms and Conditions – Covid 19
For Arrivals July – November 2020
Amended terms may be subject to change in accordance with any new guidance from the Scottish Government
- For bookings with arrival dates between July and November 2020 payment is due, in full, a minimum of 2 weeks prior to arrival.
- All weeks are from 5pm Friday arrival, until 10am Friday departure.
- To allow us time to fully prepare for your visit and carry out our enhanced cleaning protocols, please arrive after 5pm.
- Maximum occupancy of the cottage is 4 people.
- We do not have facilities for infants.
- We do not accept dogs or pets.
- We operate a no smoking and no vaping policy within the cottage.
- Any accidental damage should be reported immediately. A remedial charge may be levied if appropriate.
- Prices are inclusive of electricity consumed, but we reserve the right to charge for excessive use.
- Prices are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet access.
- All bed linen, towels, tea towels and a quantity of logs are provided.
- Guests have full use of the private garden. The area to the front, which forms the riverbank, leads directly to the waters edge, which is unfenced. The garden to the rear is steep with stone steps. Parents and guardians are obliged to take full responsibility for children who should be supervised at all times.
- On departure, please leave the cottage as you found it, in clean and tidy condition and as per our requests with regard to waste, linens and ventilation. Details will be left for you in the cottage, and your co-operation is much appreciated.
- If you wish to cancel, we will make every effort to re-let and would hope to refund your payment, if paid, but this will not always be possible. We therefore recommend you take out holiday cancellation insurance.
- Should the cottage become unavailable for letting purposes through any cause after booking, the owner’s liability shall be limited to the amount of rent paid.
- You confirm that should any member of your party show symptoms of COVID19 or be required to self-isolate in the 14 days prior to your arrival date, that you will not travel to the island.
- You confirm that you will notify us immediately if any member of your party becomes unwell with COVID 19 symptoms during your stay.
- Should you, or any of your party be unable to travel home and require to self- isolate in the cottage, rental for the additional length of stay is payable. Should it be necessary for us to cancel incoming guests, then the amount payable would be equal to our loss of rental income on a per week basis.
- You agree that we may pass your details to the Track and Trace program, should we be required to do so.
- You agree to adhere to the latest guidelines issued by the Scottish Government with regard to travel and social distancing in the community.
- We reserve the right to cancel your booking in line with Government advice in relation to travel.