Terms and Conditions 2021
Terms may be subject to change in accordance with any new guidance from the Scottish Government
- A deposit of £100 per week is required within 7 days booking to confirm a reservation.
- The balance of the rental fee is due, as cleared funds in our account, no later than 6 weeks prior to the arrival date. Where bookings are made less than 6 weeks before the arrival date, the full amount is payable on booking.
- Should Government imposed travel restrictions prevent you from travelling we will either transfer your date or offer a refund of your payment. Cancellations made for any other reason will revert back to our normal cancellation terms.
- Should you need to cancel, we will make every effort to re-let. We will be unable to offer a refund unless we re-sell your dates in full. We therefore recommend that you take out holiday cancellation insurance. Refunds will incur a £10 admin fee.
- All weeks are from 5pm Friday arrival until 10am Friday departure. To allow us time to fully prepare the cottage for your visit and carry out our enhanced cleaning protocols we respectfully request that you do not arrive before 5pm.
- Maximum occupancy of the cottage is 4 people.
- We do not have facilities for infants.
- We do not accept dogs or pets.
- Bicycles are not to be taken inside the cottage.
- We operate a no smoking and no vaping policy within the cottage.
- Any accidental damage should be reported immediately. A remedial charge may be levied if appropriate.
- Prices are inclusive of Wifi Internet access. Electricity consumed is also included, but we reserve the right to charge for excessive use.
- All bed linen, towels, tea towels and a quantity of logs are provided.
- Guests have full use of the private garden. The area to the front, which forms the riverbank, leads directly to the water’s edge, which is unfenced. The garden to the rear is steep with stone steps. Parents and guardians are obliged to take full responsibility for children who should be supervised at all times.
- On departure, please leave the cottage as you found it, in a clean and tidy condition. Failure to do so may result in an additional cleaning charge being levied.
- Should the cottage become unavailable for letting purposes through any cause after booking, the owner’s liability shall be limited to the amount of rent paid.
- Guests may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- You confirm that should any member of your party show symptoms of COVID19 or be required to self-isolate in the 14 days prior to your arrival date, that you will not travel to the island.
- You confirm that you will notify us immediately if any member of your party becomes unwell with COVID 19 symptoms during your stay.
- You agree that we may pass your details to the Track and Trace program, should we be required to do so.
- You agree to adhere to the latest guidelines issued by the Scottish Government with regard to travel to the Isle of Mull and social distancing in the community.
- Should you, or any of your party be unable to travel home and require to self- isolate in the cottage, rental for the additional length of stay is payable. Should it be necessary for us to cancel incoming guests, then the amount payable would be equal to our loss of rental income on a per week basis.
- We reserve the right to re-schedule or cancel your booking in line with any Government guidance or restrictions in relation to travel in our area.
Visitors planning to travel to a Scottish island and who do not have COVID19 symptoms are encouraged to take two lateral flow tests before travelling, the first, 3 days before travel and the second, on the day of travel. This is an important way to reduce the risk of bringing COVID19 into island communities where the prevalence of COVID19 is extremely low.
Riverside Cottage, Aros Bridge, Isle of Mull, PA72 6JP